997.1/987.1 upgrade to multifunction PDK shift peddles steering wheel coding guide
Macan/991.2 steering wheel peddle shifts straight install to 997.1 can work, no need steering control module replacement. If 997.1 old steering wheel with multifunction, please coding set multifunction to disable.
If 997.1/987.1 PCM upgrade to 3rd audio unit system, please make sure 3rd audio unit support steering wheel multifunction control. Most of this 3rd audio system need install CANBUS decoder box to support it https://mrcanbus.com/products/paser-unican-plus-steering-wheel-control-canbus-interface
991.1/997.2 sport design steering wheel peddles shifts and new multifunction control works in 997.1 need to replace steering control module and coding following steps:
997.1 steering wheel swap and replace steering control module,thanks Jim share this video:
997.1 upgrade to 997.2 steering wheel control module (997.613.289.00 or 997.613.289.01) needs coding with PIWIS following this step:
1. Select F7 "Additional Menu" and do a "vehicle handover".
2. The "vehicle handover" runs automatically. When prompted if the car is new, select "no" and then confirm your chassis number (VIN). The "vehicle handover" is needed for recognizing your new steering wheel unit, so that all other control modules are able to communicate with it.
*If vehicle handover can't sucess,disconnect vehicle battery wait 5-10 minutes reconnect,try do vehicle handover in PIWIS again.
3. Select to "steering col. switch" unit and read and erase all fault memories. Then switch to "codings" and set "Automatic (Tiptronic/PDK)" and "PDK" (both!) to "installed". Also set "Multi-function or Sport/Launch display" and all your other values to "installed" if the car is equipped with them (for example speed control system).
4. Then select "PSM" unit and read and erase all fault memories. After that read your security code (The security code is read with the PIWIS2
under menu item "Actual values") and do a steering-wheel-sensor-calibration (security code is needed here). (some cars need this calibration clear PSM faults)
5. Erase all fault memories and then have fun while driving a Tiptronic car with PDK-Paddles