997.1/987.1 upgrade to multifunction PDK shift peddles steering wheel coding guide
Macan/991.2 steering wheel peddle shifts straight install to 997.1 can work, no need steering control module replacement. If 997.1 old steering wheel with multifunction, please coding set multifunction to disable.
We do not guarantee adapter will work with aftermarket stereos. There is a possibility, though if you already have it working with a stock steering wheel that it may still work without having to do anything. But if it doesn’t, you will need CANBUS decoder for example, pioneer, or Alpine. https://mrcanbus.com/products/paser-unican-plus-steering-wheel-control-canbus-interface
991.1/997.2 sport design steering wheel peddles shifts and new multifunction control work in 997.1 need to be replaced steering control module and coded following these steps:
997.1 steering wheel swap and replace steering control module, Thank you, Jim, for sharing this video.
997.1 upgrades to 997.2 steering wheel control module (997.613.289.00 or 997.613.289.01) need to be coded with PIWIS following these steps:
1. Select F7 "Additional Menu" and do a "vehicle handover".
2. The "vehicle handover" runs automatically. When prompted if the car is new, select "no" and then confirm your chassis number (VIN). The "vehicle handover" is needed for recognizing your new steering wheel unit, so that all other control modules are able to communicate with it.
*If the vehicle handover cannot be successful, disconnect the vehicle battery, wait 5-10 minutes, and then reconnect and try to do the vehicle handover in PIWIS again.
3. Select to "steering col. switch" unit and read and erase all fault memories. Then switch to "codings" and set "Automatic (Tiptronic/PDK)" and "PDK" (both!) to "installed". Also set "Multi-function or Sport/Launch display" and all your other values to "installed" if the car is equipped with them (for example speed control system).
4. Then select "PSM" unit and read and erase all fault memories. After that read your security code (The security code is read with the PIWIS2
under menu item "Actual values") and do a steering-wheel-sensor-calibration (security code is needed here). (some cars need this calibration clear PSM faults)
5. Erase all fault memories and then have fun while driving a Tiptronic car with PDK-Paddles